University Committees: Undergraduate Admissions Committee
July 1, 2017
- Advise the Director of Undergraduate Admissions and the Provost on the admission procedures of all new freshmen and all new transfer students whose applications cannot be processed by the Undergraduate Admissions Office without special consideration.
- Consider applications for readmission from former NC State students who were suspended and who are not eligible for automatic readmission by improving their academic standing through NC State courses taken through Summer Sessions, Self-Paced Courses, or Lifelong Education.
- Consider applications for continuation from NC State students who are subject to suspension.
- Recommend admission, readmission, or continuation of those new freshmen and new transfer applicants, those former students who were suspended, or those continuing students subject to suspension who have a reasonable chance of completing the degree requirements of their intended curriculum; and to recommend denial of admission, readmission, or continuation to those who do not appear to have that reasonable chance of completing the degree requirements.
- Recommend any stipulations or conditions that should be an appropriate part of the admission, readmission, or continuation decisions for students identified in the preceding paragraphs.
- Consider all applicants on their merits without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability; recognizing the importance of a diverse student population consistent with the mission of the University.
- Advise the Director of Admissions and the Provost concerning general policies and procedures as they pertain to the admission, readmission, or continuation status of undergraduate students at NC State.
- Consult with the Faculty Senate’s Academic Policy committee for consideration of policies, procedures and standards.