University Committees: Evaluation Of Teaching Committee
Evaluation Of Teaching: Committee Charge
- In consultation with the Senior Vice Provost for Faculty and Academic Affairs, advise the Provost on matters of teaching evaluation.
- On a continuing basis, review the effectiveness of current techniques of faculty teaching evaluation and the selection procedure for the Outstanding Teacher Awards. Recommend changes as needed.
- Advise the Provost and Chancellor on compliance with university and general administration policies on teaching evaluation.
- Review the best research on and models of teaching evaluation at our peer and other institutions.
- Solicit information from colleges and departments regarding their teaching evaluation practices.
- Suggest improvements in policy and practice.
- Consult with the Faculty Senate’s Academic Policy committee for consideration of policies, procedures and standards.