Registration, Records and Calendar
July 1, 2021
TO: 2021-22 Registration, Records and Calendar Committee
FROM: W. Randolph Woodson, Chancellor
SUBJECT: Appointment to University Standing Committee on Registration, Records and Calendar
You have been recommended by the Committee on Committees to serve as a member of the University Standing Committee on Registration, Records and Calendar. Your willingness to accept this responsibility is very much appreciated.
The objectives of this committee are:
- In consultation with the Registrar, advise the Provost and the Vice Chancellor and Dean for Academic and Student Affairs.
- Study the workings of the currently approved calendar and evaluate.
- Approve for recommendation to the Chancellor the academic calendars which are to be published by the university. This function is to be conducted within the guidelines adopted by the Board of Trustees on April 11, 1969.
- Advise the Department of Registration and Records on its policies and procedures regarding maintenance of student records, registration and scheduling, and suggest new procedures which would better serve the university.
- Consult with the Faculty Senate’s Governance, Communication, and Recruitment Committee for consideration of policies, procedures or other matters pertaining to the academic mission of the university.
The committee is reminded of the importance of complying with General Faculty Bylaws, Article VII, Section 4, which requires that “All University standing and ad hoc committees shall forward reports simultaneously to the Faculty Senate and the appropriate administrator. Any action of the Faculty Senate in response to the report will be forwarded to the administrator.” The reports are to be accessible from the committee’s University Standing Committee website no later than May 27, 2022. This provision enables the Faculty Senate to review and comment on the recommendations of your committee in a timely fashion. It has generally been understood to include any formal committee minutes where these are regularly posted on the committee’s website and formal recommendations that are submitted for administrative review and approval.
Your service as an active committee member is appreciated. Each committee member is normally appointed to a three-year term, which is subject to periodic and annual review. By choosing to serve on the committee you are expected to actively participate and attend all scheduled meetings. Should you not be able to participate on a regular basis, please notify the committee chair as soon as possible.
The committee must comply with NC State’s Open Meetings Regulation available here. Committee chairs are to use the committee’s web page provided at https://committees.provost.ncsu.edu/university-standing-committees/. Please contact Kyle Pysher for assistance in using the website and other administrative needs to support the committee’s work.
You do not have to take any action to accept this appointment. The committee chair will be in touch with you soon regarding plans for the coming year.
Again, thank you for your willingness to serve on this committee.