University Committees: Commencement Committee
July 1, 2019
The objectives of this committee are:
- Select the student speaker for the fall and spring main commencement ceremonies.
- Continuously review the scheduling and programming of the commencement exercises and associated events, particularly in regard to the form and content of the commencement exercise itself.
- Attend commencement to enable members to recommend needed improvements.
- Make recommendations to the Chancellor concerning all of these matters, including speakers.
- Consult with the Faculty Senate’s Academic Policy Committee for consideration of policies and procedures as they pertain to academic matters.